Baked Green Bean Fries – a delicious snack that you can eat guilt free! Yay!
With the New Year, always comes changes, and one of the most common resolutions is to change/go on a diet. This was definitely the case in our house this year.
As I have been planning blog posts for the new year, I planned my February Menu’s. Yes.. menuS. In February, I will have a fully vegetarian menu available too. As part of this menu, is a night of appetizers for Super Bowl Sunday, and that’s where this recipe comes in. These Green Bean Fries are on the menu along with Vegetarian Tex Mex Eggrolls, Fried Ravioli and Buffalo Cauliflower Bites.
While I was gathering the ingredients I knew that I would need for the recipe; bread crumbs, eggs, flour, corn starch, I came across the french fried onions that were leftover from Thanksgiving. That’s when the light bulb went off, and I crushed the hell out of them, and knew I wanted to add it to my breading. Let me tell you… it was a good idea. It brought this whole Green Bean Casserole taste to the Green Bean Fries, and we devoured the entire pound of beans!
Green Bean Fries
A delicious snack that you can eat guilt free!
- 1 lb green beans (trimmed)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup french fried onions (crushed)
- 1 tbsp cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook green beans for 5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Mix the bread crumbs, parmesan and french fried onions together in a wide, shallow bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk together in another shallow bowl. In a third bowl, whisk together corn starch and flour.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
This recipe is so easy to make, and super delicious. It’s a great way to use up leftover green beans.