Spring into savings with March’s Budget Menu Plan! March’s menu includes 31 days of dinners including St. Patrick’s Day and Easter dinners for only $239.42!
I think I say this almost every month, but I can’t believe that it is March already! March is going to be a bust month for us with my birthday, and some friends coming to town. This months menu includes dinner for St. Patrick’s Day AND Easter!
Since I started meal planning over a year ago, I can’t believe how much prices of groceries have skyrocketed – but that just means that I needed to re-evaluate how I plan my menus. This months menu is filled with easy recipes that everyone will love and will save you money.
And if you’ve been following Mom’s Bistro for a while, you know how much we love Italian food. I’m not quite sure how it ended up this way, but the week of Easter is filled with traditional Italian dishes, a few old and a few new ones! I’m really excited to share these new recipes with you, and show you how the holidays are celebrated in our house – good food and love.
Also, many of you have been asking what we do for breakfast and lunch. As much as I have tried to share a breakfast and lunch menu plan, something always comes up, I get distracted and forget and then you guys remind me again, so I have come up with a few ideas for breakfasts that we do around here. It usually seems to be a pattern of what we have for breakfast and lunches, usually eating the same things on the same days every week, but on the weekends, we go crazy, and it really just depends on the mood that we’re in to what’s really for breakfast and lunch. Unless there is pizza in the fridge, then it’s always cold pizza for breakfast in the Zagiba house!
Depending on the week, and if I am planning for posting new recipes etc., I will usually have a lot of leftovers in the fridge. Enough to make for dinner on a leftover night and lunches throughout the week. But since pasta is such a hit, and there is always CrockPot Spaghetti Sauce in either the fridge or freezer, pasta is a popular lunch. Most lunches that we have are hot, unless we have lunch meat in the house, and then it’s usually a sandwich with salami, pepperoni and some other Italian meat. Here are some of our lunches
Pasta with CrockPot Spaghetti Sauce
Pasta with butter and parmesan cheese
Eggs – we eat a lot of eggs
Most lunch choices are extremely budget friendly, and if you make a double batch of dinners like spaghetti sauce, soups and stir fry, lunch is easy to make!
I finally got a Costco membership, so that has made even bigger savings for me. I like to buy my meat for the month in bulk, freeze it, and then take it out as I need to use it. The more you buy, the more you save! And for the most part, I like to buy all of my canned goods for the month – or at least what I can fit in my pantry at once too.
If something comes up, and planned dinner just doesn’t happen, having canned goods and some staples around like spaghetti, beans and eggs, you’ll never be far from a fast and easy dinner. Believe me, when all else fails, go with breakfast! You can’t go wrong!
For the FREE printable version of the menu plan and grocery list, scroll down to the bottom and click the link to download. You can download the full list at the bottom too. All NEW recipes will be shared throughout the month, and a printable link for each recipe will be added as they are posted.
Tuesday, March 1
20-Minute Ground Beef Tacos and Corn
- I have included cheese, lettuce and tomatoes in the grocery list.
- Use leftover lettuce for Chicken Caesar Salad on March 2
Wednesday, March 2
- Save leftover bacon to cook on March 10 for Pasta with Chicken, Bacon and Broccoli.
Thursday, March 3
- Save leftover rice for Egg Fried Rice on March 7
Friday, March 4
20-Minute Macaroni and Cheese and Peas
Saturday, March 5
Chicken Nuggets with Hidden Veggies and Oven Baked French Fries
Sunday, March 6
CrockPot Spaghetti Sauce with Spaghetti and Salad
- Divide and freeze leftover spaghetti sauce in three (3) tupperware containers for Pasta on March 18, Chicken Parmesan Casserole on March 23 and Baked Ziti on March 28
- Think Ahead! Buy the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses from Week Five’s Grocery List and make and freeze the Baked Ziti for March 28 today.
- Think Ahead! Buy chicken and mozzarella cheese from Week Four’s Grocery List and make and freeze Chicken Parmesan Casserole for March 23 today.
Monday, March 7
- Use leftover Rice from Beef and Broccoli on March 4
Tuesday, March 8
Wednesday, March 9
Breakfast For Dinner!
– Think Ahead! Make some extra burritos and freeze for easy breakfasts!
Thursday, March 10
Pasta with Chicken, Bacon and Broccoli – NEW!
– Use leftover bacon from Chicken Caesar Salad on March 2
Friday, March 11
- Sauce and cheese ingredients included in grocery list
Saturday, March 12
Sunday, March 13
- Save leftover chicken for Chicken Pot Pie Pasta on March 15
Monday, March 14
Tuesday, March 15
- Use leftover Chicken from Herb and Garlic Roasted Chicken on March 13
Wednesday, March 16
Thursday, March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day!
Corned Beef and Cabbage – NEW!
- Save leftover corned beef for Ruebens on March 19
Friday, March 18
Pasta and Salad
- Use leftover frozen CrockPot Spaghetti Sauce from March 6
Saturday, March 19
Rubens and Homemade Potato Chips – NEW!
- Use leftover Corned Beef from March 17
Sunday, March 20
Monday, March 21
Tuesday, March 22
Wednesday, March 23
Chicken Parmesan Casserole with Pasta and Green Beans
- Use leftover frozen CrockPot Spaghetti Sauce from March 6.
- Time Saving Tip! Make this casserole on March 6 when you make the CrockPot Spaghetti Sauce and freeze it so you can just throw it in the oven when you’re ready for dinner – no prep required!
Thursday, March 24
Chicken Alfredo and Peas – NEW!
Friday, March 25 – Good Friday
Saturday, March 26
Pizza Gain – NEW!
- A traditional Italian Easter Pie
Sunday, March 27 – Easter Sunday
- Save leftover mashed potatoes for Shepherd’s Pie on March 29
Monday, March 28
Baked Ziti and Salad
- Use leftover frozen CrockPot Spaghetti Sauce from March 6.
- Time Saving Tip! Make this Baked Ziti on March 6 when you make the CrockPot Spaghetti Sauce and freeze it so you can just throw it in the oven when you’re ready for dinner – no prep required!
Tuesday, March 29
- Use leftover Mashed Potatoes from Easter Dinner
Wednesday, March 30
Thursday, March 31