1 4-5 lb pork shoulder
1 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp each; paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
1 tbsp each, cayenne and chilli powder, dry mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup BBQ Sauce or 1 cup of the drippings from the pork
1 tsp liquid smoke
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
- In your dutch oven, combine olive oil and vinegar.
- Mix your dry ingredients together. Rub all over your pork, and put the remaining seasoning in with the liquid.
- Place pork in dutch oven, and cover with foil, then put the lid on.
- Cook 4-6 hours or until the pork starts to pull apart.
- Remove pork from dutch oven, and place on a big platter with enough room to pull it apart.
- Drain the juices into a pan, and set aside.
- Pull pork with two forks, and return to dutch oven.
- Add one cup of the juices back to the pork, and stir.
- Enjoy on a bun, or just on a plate as it is!