Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Football! wOOt! Can you tell I’ve been excited about football? Too bad my fantasy team sucked last night, and I lost! Boo!
Our menu was a pretty standard Sunday menu, consisting of “gravy” that cooked on the stove all day, and some pasta.
sunday gravy and pasta (this is pasta sauce)
Recipes from Today’s Menu:
cooked breakfast sausage
pickled jalapeno peppers
This recipe doesn’t actually have the ingredients listed in increments because it is really up to you how many you want make, and how hungry you are.
- Scramble eggs and set aside.
- Cook breakfast sausage (or even chorizo) in a skillet. When ¾ done cooking, add jalapeno peppers – as many as you like
- Meanwhile, turn your oven on (350 is fine).
- Add cheese to tortilla shells, and place on the rack of your oven. You don’t necessarily need your cheese to melt, but keep them in the oven for about two minutes, until the tortilla is warm and soft
- Remove tortillas from oven, and add eggs and sausage.
- Roll into a burrito, and enjoy with salsa or just on its own.
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
2 tbsp taco seasoning
and toppings like:
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil until shimmering.
- Add chicken and taco seasoning, and cook, constantly stirring until just heated through.
- Remove from heat, and scoop into flour or corn tortillas and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Sunday GravyThis is just the recipe for a simple marinara sauce. I will be posting a video within the next few weeks (once it’s done being edited) for a traditional Sunday Gravy recipe.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
4-5 cloves garlic, lightly smashed
2 large cans (or boxes) strained tomatoes
1 large can tomato sauce
4 basil leaves
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and garlic over low heat for 3-4 minutes. Be sure to move the garlic around with a wooden spoon so that it does not burn.
- Add tomatoes and basil.
- Cook on low, low, low heat for 5-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Enjoy with pasta, over meatloaf or as a dipping sauce.
|Dinner||Pan seared chicken in mustard sauce, polenta and roasted broccoli|
|Dinner||Frozen chicken casserole|
It’s Hunger Action Month in America… Are you a hunger hero? Donate to your local food bank today!