A whole week of menu planning in! How do you feel? Time for a change today… no more chicken!
Recipes From Today’s Menu:
½ cup milk
½ cup cheese of your choice
2 cups veggies, chopped
½ cup crumbled bacon or ham
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a muffin tin by spraying with Pam or brushing it with olive oil
- Whisk eggs and milk together and pour into prepared muffin tin
- Add desired amount of cheese, meat and veggies to each muffin cup
- Bake 10-20 minutes until the eggs have risen and are firm to the touch.
- Let cool about 2-3 minutes and use a butter knife or an offset spatula to remove from muffin tins, and enjoy!
French Onion Soup
4 cups sweet onions, sliced
4 cups beef broth
1/4 cup red wine (or just more beef broth if you don’t have any)
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. each, salt, pepper and rosemary
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1/2 stick butter
provolone cheese (I like two slices per bowl)
French bread, sliced and toasted
- In a large stock pot, sauté your onions and garlic with salt, pepper and rosemary in butter. Toss in that bay leaf now too.
- Once they become nice and soft, deglaze your pot with the red wine, and cook it out for about 5-8 minutes. Be sure to scrape all that goodness off the bottom of the pot.
Slowly add your beef broth so that it doesn’t splash you.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Ladle your soup into proper French onion soup bowls, or just bowls that will survive under the broiler, top with a slice of bread and provolone cheese.
- Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until it is nice and brown and bubbly on top.
1 lb steak, cut into thin strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 red onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp taco seasoning
1 jalapeno, sliced
1 lime, juiced
- In a large sautee pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil until shimmering. Add steak and 1 tbsp taco seasoning and cook, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove steak from pan, and transfer to a plate. Add veggies and remaining taco seasoning to pan, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add steak back to pan. Constantly stir veggies and steak around, for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and squeeze lime over the top. Transfer to a hot plate, and serve with tortillas, salsa and guacamole.
|Oatmeal and apple sauce|
|Eggs in a hole|
|Chicken pozole verde, rice and Mexican corn|
|Dinner||Pan seared chicken in mustard sauce, polenta and roasted broccoli|