The new year always brings resolutions, and changes. For 2015, I have decided to create and share a monthly no-repeat dinner meal plan with a printable grocery list. The menu plans are designed with busy families in mind.
In 2014, I shared some free printables and tips on How to Menu Plan. I used those tips, and a little help from Walmart Grocery To Go (<—- click on the link and save $15 on your groceries!) to figure out the cost of groceries for the month, and made this practically perfect January Dinner Menu. This month’s menu has 31 days of dinners complete with vegetable sides for only $182!
The menu is full of warm, hearty meals that will be sure to keep both your wallet and your stomach full. Click the links below for this months recipes. I’ve also included a printable grocery list with everything you will need to make these recipes. Download it by clicking the link at the bottom of this post.
January 1 – New Year’s Day!
Vegetable Soup with Black Eyed Peas and Bacon
Black Eyed Pea and Kale Soup
Peas and Carrots
Sweet Potato Fries
Easy Roast Chicken
* make extra rice tonight for dinner on Thursday
January 4 – National Spaghetti Day!
Crockpot Spaghetti and Meatballs
* make a double batch of crockpot spaghetti sauce for recipes later on this month
Spaghetti & Meatballs –
* use some of the spaghetti sauce you made yesterday to make this recipe
Taco Tuesday! – Chicken Tacos
* use the leftover chicken from Saturday to make these tacos
egg fried rice
* use the leftover rice from Saturday to make this rice
Pasta with Bacon and Peas
Easy 20 Minute Pasta with Bacon & Peas from Mom’s Bistro
Best-Ever Mashed Potatoes
* make some extra mashed potatoes tonight for dinner on Friday
Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sliders
* use leftover pasta sauce from beginning of the month to make this recipe
* use leftover mashed potatoes from Sunday to make this easy shepherd’s pie recipe
Spinach and Feta Frittata
* check your e-mail today for this recipe!
Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese
* make extra rice tonight for dinner on Monday
* use leftover spaghetti sauce from the beginning of the month for this recipe
Bean and Rice Burritos
* use leftover rice from Friday for this recipe
* make extra beans for dinner tomorrow
Loaded Nachos or
DIY Nacho Bar
* use leftover beans from last night for this recipe
Ultimate Nacho Bar
Crockpot Chicken Parmesan Sliders
* Use leftover spaghetti sauce from the beginning of the month
I used Walmart Grocery To Go to figure out how much these meals would cost. If you follow the tips in my Meal Planning 101 Series
, you can shop at your local grocery stores, and maybe even save more.
Click the picture above or here
for a printable version of this grocery list and menu plan.
If you would like to pick and choose between the recipes, and create your own menu for the month, use this free printable grocery list. Just click on the picture to download a free PDF.
Click to Download
Enjoy this brand new budget-friendly menu plan for a brand new year. I wish you and your family a safe and healthy New Year!
30 Minute Meal Ideas
FREE Printable 5 Part Meal Planning Series