4 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger (or 1 tsp powdered ginger)
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
½ cup frozen peas (optional)
1 carrot, minced
1 stalk celery, minced
2 cups cooked rice, cold
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 ½ tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
sirarcha to taste, optional
- In a small bowl mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tsp oil. When oil is shimmering, add egg and cook until just set. Once cooked, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet, and add all vegetables. Cook for about 30 seconds, or until you can smell the garlic.
- Add the rice, and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add soy sauce mixture and cook until the liquid has been absorbed – about 1 minute
- Add cooked egg back into the wok, and cook for another minute. Stir in the hot sauce if you’re using.