Anthony had a blast stirring the nuts for this recipe and watching it bake through the little window on the oven. The best part, was that DJ and I got to eat Anthony’s hard work. Like other recipes that I make with Anthony, I just measured out the ingredients and told Anthony what to add when and how to mix.
This spiced nut mixture is addictive with its combination of sweet and salty. You can change up the spices that you choose to make the nuts completely yours. You may also choose to use one or two more types of raw nuts depending on your personal preference (or what’s in your pantry).
This time, we used almonds, pecans and hazelnuts.
Spiced Nuts Recipe
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp all-spice
1/4 tsp ginger
1 large egg white
4 cups mixed nuts
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, salt and spices.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg white until frothy and light. Slowly add in sugar mixture.
- Add in the mixed nuts and tossed until well combined.
- Spread the nut mixture evenly onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Use a wooden spoon and stir nuts.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool on the baking sheet.
You can store these nuts on your counter top for up to three days in a sealed container, or in the fridge for a week.