This recipe easily doubles and triples. Make as much as you need for your family.
1 lb ground beef (80/20)
1 large egg
2cloves garlic, grated (with microplane)
1 tsp black pepper
1 ½ tsp salt
2 tsp Italian seasoning mix
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
¼ cup plain bread crumbs
¼ cup marinara sauce
½ cup marinara sauce for the top of meatloaf
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, egg, garlic, spices, parsley cheese, ¼ cup marinara sauce and bread crumbs until just combined.
- Form into a log, and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a sil pat.
- Wrap saran wrap over the top, and place in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Un wrap meatloaf, and top with ½ cup of marinara sauce.
- Place on middle rack of oven. Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
1, 3-4 lb chuck steak or London broil, cubed
½ cup red wine vinegar
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup dry red wine
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic, smashed
- Marinate steak over night.
- Place cubes on either soaked wooden skewers, or metal skewers.
- Preheat grill.
- Cook steak for 5-10 minutes, or until desired doneness. Be sure to flip and turn the skewers half way through to ensure even doneness.
- Remove from grill, and let rest before removing from skewers.
- Serve with chimichurri.
Temperature Guide for Meat and Poultry – Click to Enlarge
2 lb stewing beef
1 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 pkgs of mushrooms (depends on the size), halved
1/3 cup red wine – and a glass for the chef
1/2 stick butter
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup flour
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp each; salt, black pepper, thyme, rosemary, basil, onion powder, paprika
2-3 cups beef broth
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large pot on the stove
- Meanwhile, coat beef in flour and spices
- Cook in batches until all the meat is nice and brown. Remove from pot and set aside
- Add garlic and onions and sautée for 3-5 minutes until translucent
- Add red wine to deglaze the pan (if you don’t have red wine just use a little beef stock) and scrape all that goodness off the bottom
- Add mushrooms and Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add beef broth. Let the broth get nice and bubbly.
- Then reduce heat and add your meat
Let it simmer for 2 1/2 hours. You may need to thicken the broth a little bit. But, if you coat your beef enough you won’t need to
1 chuck roast – I usually get a 4-5 pounder
3-4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 red onion, cut into chunks (you can use any onion you like, but I love red!)
baby potatoes, enough to feed your family
2 beef broullion cubes
1 can beef broth
1/3 cup red wine
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 pkg onion soup mix
3 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp italian seasoning
1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes, optional
2 tsp each salt and pepper
- Place your roast in the crockpot, and sprinkle the dry ingredients over the top. Pour over beef broth, red wine, and Worcestershire and drop in broullion cubes, then add your potatoes, carrots and onion.
- Cook on high for 6 hours.
- Transfer meat and veggies to a serving dish, and use the leftover juice to make your gravy!
1 – 4-5 lb London Broil (about 2-3″ thick)
2 cups soy sauce
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tbsp each, red pepper flakes, ginger powder, garlic powder, parsley, whole black peppercorns
1 tsp each, salt, cumin
2 tsp minced garlic
1 cup red wine (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon size ziplock bag. Marinate steak 8 hours to overnight.
- Heat your grill to 600 degrees – basically as hot as it will go.
- Cook steak on each side for about 6 minutes. This will make it a perfect medium-rare on the inside.