On the Third Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… Cheesy Brussels Sprouts! Cheesy, creamy, bacon-y… if you didn’t like brussels sprouts before, you will after you make this recipe!
Ya.. that’s bacon you see! Bacon makes everything better, right?
This Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Bake recipe was originally part of my Friendsgiving Menu, and there wasn’t a single brussels sprout left for leftovers. Everyone loved it. Even my picky friends (I’m talking about you, Beth). Even though I originally made this for Thanksgiving, it makes the perfect Christmas side dish. Brussels sprouts are in peak season in December, and are full of flavor, and they pair well with turkey or beef. Learn more about produce in season in December in my December Meal Plan.
I got the recipe idea from a video that I saw on Facebook. I added a little extra gruyere to my version of the recipe as it’s become one of my favorite cheeses. I am nibbling on some as I write this post. I have always been a brussels sprouts lover, even when I had them as a kid, just boiled in unsalted water and tossed with a little bit of butter, and these brussels sprouts take my love to a whole new level.
When it comes to simple side dishes, this Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Bake is one of the easiest, and tastiest you’ll ever make. If you want to make it vegetarian, just skip the bacon. It’ll still be absolutely delicious.
Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Bake
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, quartered 2 tbsp bu0er
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 small leek, halved and thinly sliced 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz sharp white cheddar, grated
- 8 oz gruyere, grated
- 6 sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Step 2 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook brussels sprouts 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Step 3 In a small non-stick pan, heat butter until shimmering. Add leeks and garlic, and cook until softened and translucent – about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Step 4 In a large bowl, mix brussels sprouts, cream, half of each cheese and leeks and garlic. Transfer to a 9×9 casserole dish, and top with remaining cheeses and bacon.
- Step 5 Bake 20-25 minutes, until bubbly and top is golden brown.
If you love Brussels Sprouts, check out these other recipes: